East Region Goalden Globes 2018
The East Regional Assembly and Goalden Globe presentations took place on Saturday 14th July 2018 at Felsted School in Essex. Nominees and guests joined Netball East where everyone came together to share and celebrate the occasion.
The East RMB were present on the day and Goalden Globe awards were given out by: Gary Burgess, Jackie Mizon. The East competition awards were given out by Michelle Drayne, Jan Burke and June Griffiths.
Goalden Globe winners are:
• Officiating Award – Phyllis Charles: “Absolutely and totally shocked. I would like to thank Jo Brewster for the nomination. Netball means so much to me, it’s a family.”
• Outstanding Club of the year Award– Tring Tornadoes NC:
• Coach award- Rebecca Bradshaw: “I would like to dedicate this award to Sarah Oldham, I received this award because of her.”
• Chris Harpham / Young Volunteer Award–Jenni List: Really pleased to have been nominated and to win this award. I love everything I have been doing over the past few years and I am looking forward to my future in netball.”
• Muriel McNally Award–Mandy Hales: “Really pleased to have been nominated and over the moon to have won.”
• Mary Bulloch Administrator Award– Karen Cartwright: Absolute honour to have won and completely shocked, but I’m doing something I love and enjoy seeing people grow and gain confidence through netball.”
• Unsung Hero Award–Jackie Webb: "Absolute honour to be nominated, when you enjoy something so much it makes it easy to do.".
• Teacher Award – Laura Townsend: "Thrilled to have won the award, I have so enjoyed seeing all the girls throughout the school and club grow as people, players, coaches and umpires."
The Awards took place with afternoon ta and Prosecco at Felsted School in Essex. It was a lovely afternoon celebrating the amazing volunteers and achievements of those within East and Mavericks.
Congratulations to all our winners who will now go forward to be nominated for the England Netball National Goalden Globes 2018 which will be held on 15th September 2018.